When DogCollarsBoutique.com contacted us about a new review partnership they wanted to get started with us, we could NOT have been more excited to get started and got us barking for joy! For the past 5 and 1/2 years Bubbs has worn the same black leather collar with silver studs since he was a wee pup. I knew he was in serious need for a new one and ALL year I’ve been searching everywhere online and in stores for something that I really loved and would look good on my little man! I wanted him to have something that was going to last him just as long as his current one, but also with a little bit of style! He’s a fiesty little guy and I wanted to make sure it showed off his personality too!
Since we are pretty new to this collar selection process, so I’ve got some questions for you guys and I’d love some feedback on how you guys go about choosing and selecting some new bling for your spoiled pooches!
How do YOU choose a collar for you dog?
- How often do you purchase a new collar? Once a year? Once every couple of years? Every 6 months?
- Do you own just one or do you own several that you like to rotate in/out when the mood strikes?
- When do you decide it’s time for a new one? Does it look ratty and beaten up pretty bad, or do you just get tired of looking at the same old one everyday?
- When was the last time you’ve checked out collars online or in the store?
- Do you head to the store with the intent to purchase, or do you just stroll down the aisle and then find one you like and impulse purchase?
- What makes you decide on a specific collar? Color, size, bling-bling, style, because YOU like or because it would look good on your dog (or both!)?
- While shopping for a collar online, what do you look for since you can’t physically touch it?
Let’s be honest, the selection of collars around the web (and often in stores too) is so large & so vast that sometimes it can become very hard to decide! Believe me, we’ve been looking for one for the past year and had a really tough time! We found THIS one, really loved it, seriously contemplated purchasing it, but then decided that I wanted to get something that was leather, extremely durable, and one that was really going to last a long, long time. So, I decided to keep looking. Maybe I’m just picky and indecisive! It’s just a dog collar for goodness sake! Why is this so hard and why am I making it much more complicated than it needs to be?! Gah!
Well, my prayers must have been answered because a few weeks later we received an email from DogCollarsBoutique.com asking us to partner up and feature a review of one of their collars! Not only does this company have the most awesome selection of collars to choose from (we’re talking high-end here people), but someone has impeccable timing over there! DogCollarsBoutique.com to the rescue, I say! Basically, instead of spending any free time I had (and the minutes are slim-pickins around here lately) checking every online pet retail store, scrolling through all the pages in the ‘Dog Collars & Harnesses’ section searching for just the right one, my choices had been limited and come to find out…that’s EXACTLY what I needed…ONE great website that carries amazing quality collars!
Don’t get me wrong, with so many great collars in one place it was still hard to choose, but instead of getting frustrated and leaving the site like I previously did, I spent an hour checking out each category, brand, and sale & clearance section they had. Selected a few (6 to be exact) that I really liked and then read each and every description and detail on each one until we narrowed it down to one. We were NOT leaving DogCollarsBoutique.com empty handed! I HAD to choose!
After lots of research, reading and re-reading, and asking others on their opinions, I decided that Bubbs would look so handsome, adorable, & sophisticated in the DogCollarsBoutique.com Imperial Tiger Eye & Onyx dog collar in chocolate!
And I was right! It’s gorgeous and he looks great!
However, the look, color, and style were not the only reasons I decided to go with the Tiger Eye & Onyx collar. Check out the description below…
From the Imperial Collection:
Featuring rich Tiger Eye & Onyx faceted gemstones inset around a chocolate leather collar.
Many legends say that Tiger Eye is beneficial for health and spiritual well being. It is also said Tiger Eye enhances good luck and is protective, especially during travels.
Onyx is said to be a source of protection from evil spirts and improves clear headedness and concentrating abilities.
Featuring real Tiger Eye & Onyx gemstones, this Imperial collar does double duty by benefiting his health (has had issues with UTIs in the past) and his spiritual side (I’m sure Bubbs prays to the canine Gods every night before bed, right?). Also, protects him during travels (we do go to Nana’s and Papi’s quite a bit and it’s a good 2-3hr drive), and from evil spirits (sometimes I’m pretty sure he’s half devil)!
We thought it was working…and then Monday we forgot maintenance was coming to check out our dishwasher in the apartment. I forgot to put him in our bedroom before Lowell & I left for work all day that day and he’s been on edge ever since barking at every little noise thinking some intruder is trying to break in, etc. I’m sure the poor guy who came to check it out was just as startled as you were Bubby Boo! :) I’m surprised we didn’t get a fine for having a vicious dog on the premises.
Here are some of the other collars we considered for our review:
The next time we’re in need of a new collar, you’ll be sure we’re over at DogCollarsBoutique.com checking out what’s new. Not only do they have a GREAT selection of collars, harnesses, and leads, but they have QUALITY made products that you can trust and are going to last you a very long time. Heck, it may be another 5 years before we are scouting based on the amazing quality and durability of our new one, but in the meantime we’re going to enjoy getting some great use out of our new collar!
The DogCollarsBoutique.com Tiger Eye & Onyx Dog Collar REVIEW:
- QUALITY = (5 out of 5)
- DURABILITY = (5 out of 5)
- PRICE = (4 out of 5)
- STYLE = (4 out of 5)
- UNIQUENESS = (5 out of 5)
For an OVERALL RATING:
out of (4.5 out of 5)
Based on our experience with DogCollarsBoutique.com and their products so far, we’d like to give one lucky winner the chance to experience the quality of these products for themselves too by offering a $40 Gift Certificate towards any product(s) over at their great site!
To Buy It:
Tiger Eye & Onyx Dog Collar
To Win It:
- Leave a comment on this post answering one of the questions we asked earlier in the post (How often do you purchase a new collar? etc.)!
For additional entries: (You MUST come back to this post and comment each time to receive your additional entries! Entries all done in one post will NOT be counted and deleted!)
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to the item you’d purchase with your $40 GC to DogCollarsBoutique.com if you’re the lucky winner! (1 entry)
- ‘Like’ our Facebook Page and leave the comment on our Wall, “We want (insert item link from DogCollarsBoutique.com) from Dog Collars Boutique!” (1 entry)
- Follow us on Twitter, and Tweet this giveaway with, “Enter $40 GC #giveaway to @DogCollarsBoutiq, from @Alldogblog! http://bit.ly/dogcollarboutiqGC (1 entry) (You can tweet once a day, but be sure to come back each day and leave a comment on this post!)
- Open to U.S. Residents 18 years of age and older only.
- Winner will be chosen randomly using Random.org (Be sure to leave individual comments for each entry, comments compiling multiple entries will not be valid and deleted.).
- Contest ends December 9th, 2010 at 9pm Eastern Time.
- Contest rules are subject to change without notice.
We can’t wait to see what great collars/harnesses/leads you guys find over at Dog Collars Boutique! Show ’em off! If we were the lucky winner of this contest, we’d complete our collar with THIS!
Also, we’d like to give a HUGE shout out to everyone over at DogCollarsBoutique.com for allowing us to review such a great item from their site! We couldn’t have had a better experience working with all of you, and I hope to stay in touch in the future! Hope you enjoyed the review and don’t mind that we’re sponsoring a giveaway!
*Disclosure: My opinions are my honest and thoughtful reviews and were not influenced by any source, and may differ from others. I received one Tiger Eye & Onyx Dog Collar product to facilitate the review, and was not monetarily compensated in any way. All Dog Blog has chosen to sponsor this giveaway from DogCollarsBoutique.com.