Bubbs and I recently got to try some samples of Ma Snax dog treats, courtesy of Ma Snax™, and Bubbs really KNEW they were HIS Snax! I ripped open the package, opened a bag and seriously considered hoarding them for myself. They smelled so delicious and not like any other dog treats we’ve ever tried. There was no beefy, bacony, chicken smell to overwhelm my senses (you know, when you open a pouch of Beggin’ Strips…yea, THAT smell), but instead I got the wafting smell of deliciously sweet Ginger, Pumpkin, & Sweet Potato goodness! All of which are wonderful, healthy ingredients suitable for a spoiled rotten dog.
As most of you know, Bubbs is very much a picky little dog when it comes to food, treats, and even toys, and I wasn’t sure how he was going to like these little flower-shaped treats BECAUSE they didn’t smell like beefy, bacony, chicken. As I refrained from taking a bite myself, I handed him a Ma Snax™ Double Pumpkin Happiness™ cookie and anticipated his reaction. Would he sniff it and walk away? Would he gingerly accept the treat, walk two feet, drop it, and look at me for something else? Or would he be just as excited as I was about these new treats and scarf it?!
Well, he sniffed the treat, gingerly accepted it not knowing what to think, and then ran to the couch to unexpectedly guard it. Just as I handed him the treat, Link, his kitty brother, walked into the room to see what was being handed out and Bubbs instantly went into ‘Guard Mode’, as you can see from the photo above and below.
“Take a step closer, I dare you kitty cat. This is Ma Snax!”
He wouldn’t eat it, but he sure would guard it! Of course, I he’d let me have it, but if Link even LOOKED in his direction he’d snatch it right up and hold it in his mouth. It was then that it occurred to me about the name of these treats, Ma Snax. Before having this little ‘guarding of the treat’ incident, for some reason I always thought Ma Snax was the name of the founder of the company! Ya know, Mama Snax or something! It never crossed my mind about putting it into another context and could mean something like, oh…I don’t know…like…MY SNACKS! After a little bit of research, the name of the company really is a unique spelling of one of the owners’ last name, Masnack!
Yea, we all have our good and bad days I suppose. We HAVE been really busy the past few weeks, so I guess I can just blame the ‘over my head’ moment on that. :)
At the end of the day, Bubbs decided to actually give them a try (after Link lost interest to go take a nap), and tried two of each flavor, Double Pumpkin Happiness™ and Sweet Potato & Ginger Snaps™. Apparently, he loves his Ma Snax™ fresh and crunchy from the bag, and/or slowly drool-softened.
Ma Snax Superior Treats™ was established in 2005 by two professional chefs (Mary Ellen & Ray Masnack). This fairly new dog treat company handcrafts these little cookies from the finest organic ingredients that come together in the most mouth-watering flavors we’ve ever seen!
Check out some of the other fresh and delicious flavors they’ve invented:
- Banana-Carob Chip & Coconut
- Blueberry Power
- Cheddar Crackers w/Parsley & Chamomile
- Cranberry Applesauce Spice
I don’t want to say it, but I will…we’re drooling ourselves over here.
Not only does this company specialize in to-die-for treats, but they also pride themselves on custom labels for them. If you send them a photo of your pup, they’ll create a customized label for YOUR dog’s dog treats! This is a perfect idea for dog-lovers everywhere, and perfect for this upcoming Christmas & holiday season! How fun would it be to sneak a photo of your best friend’s pup and then surprise them with some great really delicious dog treats with their very own dog’s photo on the front?? I don’t know about you, but I would LOVE to get some of these treats featuring Bubbs on the label for Christmas! Plus, they keep your photo on file for future reorders of treats! It’s such a wonderful gift idea for friends and families with dogs, don’t you think?!
Ma Snax Superior Treats™ Review:
- NUTRITION =
- TASTE =
- LOOK =
- ACCEPTANCE/EXCITEMENT =
- PACKAGING =
For an OVERALL rating =
To Buy It:
…because Ma Snax Superior Treats™ is so awesome and delicous, they’ve offered to giveaway two customized packages (Double Pumpkin Happiness™ and Sweet Potato & Ginger Snaps™) of their yummy treats to one lucky All Dog Blog reader!
To Win It:
- Leave a comment on this post telling us why you’d love to try Ma Snax Superior Treats™! (1 entry)
For Additional Entries:
- ‘Like’ our Facebook Page (1 entry)
- Post the photo you’d send in to Ma Snax™ to put on the label of your dog treats if you win on our Facebook Wall for everyone to see! We’d love to see your pups in their Howl-o-ween costumes on these yummy Fall flavors! (5 entries) *Note: You must come back to this post telling us that you posted a photo on our Wall for your entries to count!
- Follow us on Twitter (1 entry) *Note: You must leave a comment on this post letting us know you are following us on Twitter or that you already do for your entry to count!
- Tweet this giveaway with, “#Giveaway Win 2 customized packages of @pennysnax Ma Snax dog treats! http://bit.ly/winmasnaxtreats” (1 entry) *Note: You can tweet once a day but you must come back to this post and tell us that you tweeted for your entry to count!
- Open to U.S. Residents 18 years of age or older only.
- Winner will be randomly chosen using Random.org and be sure to leave individual comments for each entry for your entries to be valid. Entries done in one single comment will NOT be valid and deleted immediately.
- Contest ENDS October 20th, 2010 at 11:00pm EST. Any and all entries that come in after that time will not be valid.
- Contest rules are subject to change without notice.
We’d like to send a big ‘Shout out!’ to the owners and everyone of Ma Snax Superior Treats™ for offering us the great opportunity to try out their yummy dog snacks and for offering this wonderful giveaway to our readers!
Thanks, Ma Snax™!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!