Confused about Dog Day Care?
Dogtopia CEO Amy Nichols ‘Unleashes’ 5 Facts
Just like parents seeking quality care for their children while they work or travel, dog owners face the same dilemma. Amy Nichols, who has devoted her life to ensuring quality of life for America’s dogs, offers the following information about dog day care to help sort fact from fiction:
- Day care provides quality, structured care: Dog day care provides a structured schedule for your pooch, complete with activities, nap time, snack time and social play. Each Dogtopia location includes a gymnasium, romper room, and lounge to suit the different sizes and play styles of their diverse clientele. There is plenty of open space, which gives your dog the opportunity to interact with other dogs, while running around and burning off plenty of pent-up energy.
- Peace of mind: Dog day care provides all-day service for your pup—that means tons of active play time with plenty of their four-legged friends. There will not be a moment in the day where the owner has to wonder, ‘Is my dog alone?’ The typical Dogtopia location cares for between 50 to 80 dogs per day with a ratio of one caregiver per 10-15 dogs.
- Your dog is never out of your sight: To create even more peace of mind for dog owners, Dogtopia employs web cam technology that allows the dogs’ owners to check on their pets at any time.
- Entrance Exams: A Great Dane might not make the best company for a Dachshund and Dogtopia understands that. All dogs undergo evaluations that include a health assessment, vaccination verification, and a temperament test to insure that the dog is social and comfortable in large groups. Dogs are placed in play groups that suit their style.
- Trained Staff: It’s important that your dog is consistently happy and healthy, so Dogtopia only employs the best. The Dogtopia staff is fully trained to provide the best care for your pup. Store owners attend pet CPR classes and all employees are trained in pack management and dog behavior.
About Amy Nichols
Dog lover and entrepreneur Amy Nichols is President and CEO of Dogtopia, an upscale dog day care and spa franchise started in 2002. Bethesda, MD-based Dogtopia prides itself on being a place where pets are valued as family and where dogs enjoy endless playtime and spa treatments in a positive environment. For more information, go to www.dogdaycare.com.