vectra

Head over HERE if you purchase and use Vectra 3D™ and fill-out the redemption form to save some bucks!  They will reimburse you $10 if you’ve purchased a 6-pack, and $25 if you’ve purchased a 12-pack (on the same visit)!

I’ve never used this product on Bubbs, but I have used it on my kitty Link and had no problems, and it worked so I have no complaints!

Has anyone used it and have anything to say about it?  Let us know!

24 Thoughts on “~EXPIRED~ Vectra 3D Rebate

1. Kelly on July 28, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

I purchased a 3 pack of Vectra for my small dog from my vet. I applied the product to him more than 24 hours ago and I still see fleas on his back. I read that fleas will die within 6 hours. Has anyone else had experience with the Vectra?

2. Hi Kelly,

I’ve never used Vectra on my dog (I use Advantage because I’ve never had any problems with it), however, I have used it on my cats without any problems. Sometimes most flea products work within 24 hours, but if you’re still seeing fleas that may mean that you have a bigger problem on your hands, such as fleas in the carpets, furniture, etc. The fleas may actually be dying and falling off, but new ones keep jumping on! I’ve had a lot of people ask me about that with other products such as Advantage, and Advantix too. What it usually recommended is to vacuum your house extremely well (even hardwood floors if you have them because they can live and breed in the cracks, and even along floorboards), and maybe invest in a few foggers for your home (of course, always follow the directions on how to use), and possibly treat the yard. Have you used other products such as Advantage or Advantix, or Frontline before? Or had an issue with fleas before? If you try all of these options, contact your veterinarian to also let them know what is going on to see what else they may recommend for you!

Once you have fleas they can be the BIGGEST hassle to get rid of! Good Luck and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

-Erin

3. Deb Varner on April 25, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

My vet told me that Vectra should NEVER be used on cats????
    It can kill them.

4. Deb Varner on April 25, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

I did use Vectra on my yorkie and it did NOT work at all.

5. Penny on May 13, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

I have a german shepherd that is 14 months old and i’ve had her since 6 weeks….i have always used vectra 3D from the vet and i’ve never had any problems with fleas or ticks and i live in a wooded area…..so i will continue what works for us

6. I started using Vectra 3D three months ago on my German Shepherd/Lab mix. I’ve not seen one flea or tick on her in three months!

I’m sold on it.

7. Jennifer on July 1, 2010 at 10:42 pm said:

I’ve got a large yellow lab. I put vectra on him just this morning. He had fleas pretty bad. Not a single scratch or bite! I’ve officially been sold on this product. Plus my dog is much happier.

8. Kimberly on July 3, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

I’ve been using this for 6 months now and knock on wood I haven’t seem one tick since we’ve started…It’s a great product!!

9. Chris on July 6, 2010 at 10:36 pm said:

Be EXTREMELY careful with Vectra 3D. We accidentally got a couple of drops on our brand new wood, dining room table and it ate the finish right off.

10. I have just started with Vectra–I own a dog grooming shop–Customers including police dog owners rave about this product–so I decided to change–Started in April very pleased–July 7 new application applied—July 12 took my 3 dogs swimming at the beach–All this week I have been pulling ticks off of them–it seems every time I take them out they get ticks–Is this not waterproff?

11. I have 2 dogs. I started using Frontline and Advantix and they worked on one of the dogs but not the other. I tried Vectra 3D and it worked on the dog that nothing else worked. I have now found out that this dog is allergic to fleas. Vectra has been the only product to definitely show a significant improvement. I am sold on this product.

12. i have never had to use anything on my dogs but the fleas are so bad this yrs they have gotten infested with fleas. i bought vectra 3d from the vet it worked for about 2 weeks and now they are infested again. i dont think i will be buying it again i am very disappointed for the money i spent on 2 dogs.

13. This is my second purchase of Vectra 3D. I do not know how to get my rebate of $10 for the 6 doses.

14. bassetgirl on August 23, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

My dogs have had severe allergic reactions to Vectra 3D.
    Dangerous!

15. Sandy Weeks on January 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm said:

I’ve used Vectra 3D before when I had German Shepherds & went back to Advantix/Frontline. In my exp. Advantage/Advantix & Frontline only work for 3 wks on long haired dogs. Treating my house/yard/dog for flea infestation helped but still found some ticks on my boxer. Switched back to Vectra & I haven’t seen any ticks & tonight I found the first flea on her in months. Vectra seems to work the best out of the name brand & generic flea & tick treatments for my dog.

16. Frontline(is purchased from a vet) has a money back garuntee… if u use frontline and still hv fleas ticks merial will pay for terminex to come and evalute ur home and pay for a treament..Vectra also has a money back garuntee now if u are having problems with fleas after using either one of these products let me help you somethings…..1) if u have cats or other dogs that are not bein treated with flea prevention then u are fighting a lossing battle 2) if u have strays or “barn”cats that frequent your yard then there is the reason ur products are not working as well 3) if you have not treated ur yard and your house after a flea investion then there’s your problem. Remeber for every 1 flea you see there are 2500. Others that you don’t see in my experience( I hv worked at vet for 16 yrs) when there is owner compliance, knowledge of correctly appying the right products and treatment of ALL animals in the home these products wrk at 100%
    Hope this information helps a little and congradulations for being responsible owners

17. Patricia on February 22, 2012 at 10:15 pm said:

My dog, who is treated for fleas 3 times a a year, and therefore “used” to flea products, had a HORRIBLE reaction to this flea treatment. My dog has never had any bad reactions to Frontline or Advantage, but Vectra 3D is another story. Within 8 hours of application, my dog started itching like CRAZY at the application area. But far WORSE than that, about another 2 hours later, my dog started having what looked like a bad panic attack, panting horribly non-stop, acting extremely hyper active, scratching herself psychotically, her heart rate was through the roof, etc. It was getting VERY SCARY. I bathed her with dish soap *twice* to thoroughly get the Vectra 3d oiloff of her fur & skin. Shortly after I washed it off, she seemed relieved & took a little nap. She was back to normal within about 3 hours of removing this *toxic* stuff from her fur. I will absolutely NOT use this product again and I do NOT recommend Vectra 3D to anyone! When I talked to the vet about this, she informed me that a lot of light colored (white or cream furred) dogs are having bad/dangerous reactions to Vectra 3d, as well as smaller dogs under 25 lbs. My vet had so many bad reactions with dogs in this category within a two month period that she is considering pulling the product from her facility – or simply not giving it to light colored or small breeds. Be very careful with this stuff & be especially careful if you have a small breed and/or a breed with white/cream or mostly white/cream furred dog.

18. Ginger on March 5, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

Hi, Vectra3D does have a product for cats, you just can’t mix and match, meaning the formula for dogs is different than for cats. My cat has been fine with it. We switched from Revolution as that started to burn her skin. My dog, however is another story. She’s very health, just over 1 yr 2 months old now. Each time I’ve applied the product she stops eating for approx 24 hours, her stomach is very noisy and she has diarrhea for days. What was really scary to me is the diarrhea was a rose/pinkish color which made me wonder about internal bleeding. On the outside, she didn’t appear ill – she drank water (usually) and was still playful and alert. Just be forewarned. I’ve emailed the parent company Ceva as there was no contact information I could find on http://www.vectrapet.com. To be fair, this is the only product I’ve used since I had success with my cat on it for years. It could be my pup can’t handle the systemic type. Advantage is not absorbed internally so I might try that next.

19. How do you log onto this site?

20. kerbear1031 on March 16, 2012 at 7:54 pm said:

I just used Vectra 3D for the first time on my Pugs. Both were very irritated, scratching and rolling around on the floor after it was applied. One of them is now having muscle spasms. I washed both with Dawn to remove as much of the product as possible. He is still having muscle spasms. I do not recommend this product AT ALL!

21. Debbie Garner on March 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

Trying to get rebate for Vectra…please help.

22. Rowynn Rogers on April 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

Why is it necessary to give so much information on an unsecured site, to get a rebate?

23. chris on May 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

It take 3 months of continue product use to get a flea problem under control- your environment must be bad or you did not start a product soon enough. All of the vet flea and tick products work great when used correctly and every month!!!

24. Tracy on June 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

Vectra 3D is NOT to be used on cats, you can use VECTRA on cats but not the 3D.

It is not waterproof, it is water resistant – more than Frontline.

If still seeing fleas on your pets, you need to also treat your home and/or anywhere else your pets hang out.

Most allergic reactions stem from pets with underlying skin issues – hot spots, scabs/irritation near the application site, and dog/cat scratches after application and pet owners think allergic to topicals.

Most of the WORST chemical reactions are to the Hartz, Adams and Sargeants products – THOSE are truly poisonous!

If you’re having an issue with the topical products (ANY brand) and you bought from your vet, contact the company directly.